Sony’s latest masterpiece seals the deal. With a powerful BIONZ XR image processor, it offers faster performance, improved noise reduction, and a wider dynamic range along with UHD 4K 120p video recording and internal 10-bit 4:2:2 color sampling.
If you're wanting to see how well you'll edit RAW footage from this masterful camera, you can download a sequence of clips in this folder here. Have fun!
The long-awaited Alpha A7S III from Sony is now here. Get ready to set your “Imagination in Motion''. The Alpha A7S III is a complete redesign of the S series system. Everything is new. Increased sensitivity, 12.1MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor, updated BIONZ XR image processor offers faster performance, improved noise reduction, and a wider dynamic range along with UHD 4K 120p video recording and internal 10-bit 4:2:2 color sampling.
What We Love:
Crazy Great Dynamic Range
With 15 stops of dynamic range, you can fully clamp down any scene with precise clarity.
A Flip-Out Screen
An excellent camera that has a flip-out screen for easy recording and vlogging sequences.
Incredible 4k 16 bit raw output over HDMI with no recording limits for ultra-amazing looking footage.
Shop Sony A7S III
What It Has:
- Lens Mounts: Sony E
- Camera Format: Full-Frame (1x Crop Factor)
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor Size: 35.6 x 23.8 mm
- Memory Card Slot: Dual Slot: CFexpress Type A / SD
- Wireless: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
What It Does:
- Overhauled design with new touch interface
- Brand-new 12.1MP back-illuminated sensor
- Up to 15 stops of dynamic range with S-Log
- Fully articulating 1.44 million-dot screen
- Bright, sharp 9.4MP viewfinder
- Shoots 4K video at up to 120p
- S-log color profiles offer up to 15 stops of dynamic range
- Expandable sensitivity range of ISO 40–409,600
- 12MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K 120p Video, 10-Bit 4:2:2 Internal
- 16-Bit Raw Output, HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 759-Point Fast Hybrid AF
- 9.44m-Dot QXGA OLED EVF
- 3.0" 1.44m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Extended ISO 40-409600, 10 fps Shooting
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots