Come create with us!
Moment is a collection of photographers, videographers, designers, and engineers who believe the world is a better place when you get lost and follow your lens. We started on Kickstarter by making lenses for phones… but now we do more than that. We make gear, develop apps, and guide trips that help people to get out and follow their lens.
We’re always looking for people who want to build a company that matters. Through the customers we touch, the work we do, and the impact we leave behind.
We believe that building a great company is about fostering a team of people to deliver above their individual abilities. To do this we want to create a culture where people can make decisions, be empowered, and deliver their best work. We live by three values:
+ Deliver on our promises.
+ Listen patiently, act quickly.
+ Desire to improve.
Where We Work
Wherever you want. We are a 40 person team that is spread around the US. Most of us work out of our Seattle studio, but physical location is secondary to your love for mobile photography and delivering exceptional work.
We are building our culture to be remote as we recognize mobile photography happens wherever your camera takes you.
How We Work
Three times a year we spend an entire week together building deeper relationships, getting better, and following our lenses. One of our recent offsites was to Bend, Oregon and another was to Tulum, Mexico.
Relying on tools like Slack we stay connected through chat and the occasional phone call. This allows us to focus on our work with minimal distractions.
Different than traditional companies we are not functionally organized, instead we rally around a handful of core areas that we want to be the best in the world at. It allows us to create culture where everyone is empowered to make decisions and go faster. It also means that each team is a mix of different disciplines, providing creative growth for everyone on the team.
Who Works At Moment
We are a team of 40 that is passionate about photography and empowering people. Each of us brings a unique background, which creates for a deeper, more diverse set of perspectives.
What bonds us is the quest to improve. We take great pride in our individual work and the collective results we can deliver.
Our Linkedin page is here.
We keep it simple.
+ Equity in the company.
+ A salary.
+ Medical or $550 a month to do what you want.
+ A free Moment Trip every year.
+ Free Moment Gear.
+ Annual equipment budget of $500 for your own gear.
+ Company off-sites three times per year.
+ Unlimited vacation.
If you are looking for a long list of stuff, then you should look somewhere else. Our goal is pay people well and create the best place in the world to work.
+ SEO/SEM Analyst
+ Full Stack Engineer
+ iOS Engineer - Photography Apps
+ Content Creator
Run organic and paid search for the Moment Shop, the largest online store for photography, filmmaking, and travel. The role is bigger than Moment the gear maker. It extends to the gear, apps, and photography trips we sell in the Moment Shop. This means supporting 20 different brands and making our store the place you shop before your next trip.
On one side you’ll be following the traditional role for search in making sure every article, trip, and product page is authoritative. This means managing both our organic and paid efforts to rank for the searches that matter. This also extends to multiple search boxes with Google, Amazon, Youtube, and iTunes to name a few. If people are searching for photography, filmmaking, and travel we want to win these searches.
On the other side, you get to work creatively with our content and commerce teams as they explore what content to publish and what products to sell. You will be collaborating with them from the beginning, using data to help them make better decisions. We expect search boxes to be an integral part of the new campaigns we launch, therefore search will have a seat at the table during inception.
We’re looking for an analyst with a methodical approach who appreciates creative collaboration.
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborating with our content, commerce, and travel teams to provide insights on what content they should be publishing, gear to be carrying, and trips to be running.
- Supporting new campaigns with all of the SEO and SEM.
- Analyzing a lot of search data to find cheaper opportunities.
- Creating, managing, and optimizing our SEM campaigns.
- Working with fellow analysts on the team to forecast traffic from search, by platform.
- Using and managing our SEO tracking tools.
- Working with designers and engineers to make changes that improve our SEO results.
- Building and maintaining dashboards in our Looker BMI tool.
- Customer service, because everyone on the team does a few hours per week. And we mean everyone in the company.
You need these qualifications
- Passionate about photography and travel.
- Organized, detailed, and a simple communicator. Your analysis should be easy to follow.
- 2+ years managing SEO and SEM campaigns.
- Deep experience with either excel or SQL for data analysis.
- Experience forecasting search traffic.
- Experience building dashboards for others to understand our results.
- Experience with Google’s platform.
- Experience with Amazon, YouTube, and iTunes a very big plus.
- Experience at an e-commerce, media, or creative agency a big plus.
- Experience in a remote culture is helpful.
Full Stack Engineer
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to join the team and develop our Moment travel platform. Our platform is built with Craft CMS and Craft Commerce. We are looking for a strong individual contributor who enjoys collaboration with designers, and ultimately shipping features customers love.
**U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.**
What You’ll Be Working On
- Working with the team to ship features.
- Building our travel platform: https://www.shopmoment.com/tra...
- Reviewing code that you did not write.
You Need These Qualifications
- A passion for photography and travel.
- Strong understanding of Web Development specifically PHP
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience working in any PHP MVC (e.g. laravel, yii2, slim)
- Comfortable writing tests and architecting testable code.
- Experience collaborating with remote teams.
These Qualifications Are A Plus
- Prior experience working with Craft CMS
- Experience with VueJS and Yarn
- Any ecommerce platform experience
- Other programming languages in general (e.g. ruby, python, etc..)
We want to make the best tools in the world for mobile photography. We created the Moment App to deliver advanced photography tools that you won’t get in the native app. Building the best tools requires amazing developers who are passionate about photography. We’re looking for another developer to join the team, helping to make the Moment App the best on the market.
What you’ll work on:
Shipping new features and improving our existing ones. We have a belief that a new feature doesn’t ship until it’s ready, which means we prioritize quality over quantity. We are nimble in shipping as frequently as we can, but our first priority is customer experience. Our team of developers range across the entire app. Your general areas of focus include:
- Help to define new features with the team.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to quickly prototype new features.
- Implement features, frameworks, and fixes in iOS development environment.
- A focus on UI design principles, motion, and making apps work intuitively.
Who we are looking for:
- You have our shared love for taking pictures and sharing them online.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or 3+ Years of iOS development
- Strong understanding of Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa frameworks
- Experienced a full product lifecycle from design to release
- Comfortable writing unit tests, architecting testable code
- Experience with or interest in machine learning and computer vision
- Experience with or interest in image processing. Especially OpenGL or Metal + CoreImage
- C/C++ experience a plus
- Android experience a plus
- U.S. applicants only please
Moment is an ecommerce business and we’re looking for a Content Creator to join our retail team.
On one side you’ll be working with our retail team to create consistent imagery by category on the moment shop. This includes understanding the Moment customer and how they shop within each category. On the other side, you’ll be working to build a community under our new @shopmoment handle. Curating inspiring product imagery and pulling in new customers who love gear for photo, video, and travel.
We are looking for someone who can humanize imagery across categories, from photo and video to travel and fashion. Past experience at an ad agency or product-centric startup are helpful. Most jobs at Moment are remote but because of our existing photo studio along with access to the team and inventory, for this role Seattle is preferred.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand our customer and how they shop, merchandising the ever-growing catalog of photo, video, and travel products in the Marketplace
- Generate digital product photography assets, social content, web assets and even compelling product copy.
- Responsible for capturing, raw editing, color correcting, retouching and preparing all web-ready product images for shopmoment.com.
- Build the @shopmoment Instagram account—develop a strong, visible social media presence alongside our other accounts and merchandise product launches carrying out creative briefs.
- Contribute to the growing creative culture at Moment.
- Customer service, because everyone on the team helps our customers. And we mean everyone in the company.
We're looking for these qualifications:
- Publish your work. We believe that the best content creators are part of the creative community, putting their work out publicly for others to learn from.
- Strong visual talent—we have a high bar for aesthetic detail.
- Technical and visual expertise in photography.
- Experience shipping visual assets for a campaign.
- Confidence in current industry tools (Adobe CC Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) and the ability to adapt quickly and adopt new technologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience in filmmaking, motion graphics and basic design tools is a plus.
- Social media strategy, community management and copywriting
Compensations and Benefits:
- We keep it simple.
- Equity in the company.
- A salary.
- Medical insurance or $550 per month to do what you want.
- A free Moment Trip every year.
- Moment gear.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.
Are you in?
Apply on Angel List.