Come create with us!
Moment is a community of creatives - photographers, filmmakers, designers, and engineers - who believe the world is a better place when you get lost and follow your camera.
We exist to inspire the creative in everyone. To get the right gear, learn new skills, take epic trips, and make new friends along the way.
The community makes Moment possible. From the brands who sell their gear in the shop to the Pros who publish their online classes with us to the guides who answer your questions 24x7. Moment wouldn’t exist without this amazing community of creatives...supporting and empowering one another to chase their creative pursuits.
We’re always looking for people who want to build a company that matters. Through the customers we touch, the work we do, and the impact we leave behind.
Project Manager - Hardgoods and Softgoods for Creators
We’re looking for a project manager to join our Gear Team, working on designing and making best in class products for creators. From hardgoods to softgoods, you’ll be working directly with designers, engineers, and creators to bring new ideas to market. The role includes a lot of planning, scheduling, and coordinating from the idea stage through to mass production. Beyond project managing new products, you'll be working with our Content and Growth teams to coordinate launches.
If you are super organized and passionate about products for creators, this job is for you.
What you’ll be working on
As a Project Manager you'll be responsible for driving projects internally and externally. This work starts at the idea stage, helping the team to build briefs, understand the opportunity, and distill customer needs into what we're going to build. It moves into the development stage where you'll be managing schedules, coordinating between the teams, and working directly with overseas suppliers as they prepare for production. Once we're ready to launch, you work closely with creators, content, and retail teams to make sure they have what they need to successfully introduce the new products to our customers.
- Organizing briefs and product requirements / specs.
- Building, refining, and keeping schedules updated across multiple projects.
- Being an active member of the gear team, coordinating with designers and engineers on a daily basis.
- Run weekly project meetings internally and externally.
- Prioritizing development and mitigating risk — You take hard projects, track top issues, and distill them down into simple milestones the team can focus on.
- Helping the team to understand business implications of product decisions and changes to plans.
- Working directly with suppliers on a weekly and daily basis to keep projects on time.
- Managing samples and testing both internally and externally.
- Occasional international travel to vendor facilities
- Planning releases and coordinating launch plans with internal teams. Including handoffs, samples, and launch briefs.
- Working with customer service team on product training and FAQ
- Customer service 1 day a month because everyone on our team does service.
You need these qualifications
We are looking for someone with direct experience project managing physical products., including working with overseas suppliers. Experience with either technical hardgoods or technical softgoods is required.
- Passionate about photography, filmmaking, and the creative space
- 1+ Years of experience managing hardware of softgoods product development projects
- Direct experience managing projects with Asian based suppliers.
- Technical understanding of how to manufacture consumer hardgoods or softgoods products in Asia
- Technical understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials
- Simple communication. Clear written and verbal communication with distributed internal and external team members
- Ability to run team meetings and drive schedules
- Ability to travel internationally to work with vendors and support manufacturing.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in ME, EE, ID or similar field desired
We believe that building a great company is about fostering a team of people to deliver above their individual abilities. To do this we want to create a culture where people can make decisions, be empowered, and deliver their best work. We live by three values:
+ Deliver on our promises.
+ Listen patiently, act quickly.
+ Desire to improve.
Where We Work
Wherever you want. We are a 45 person team that is spread around the US. Most of us work out of our Seattle studio, but physical location is secondary to your love for mobile photography and delivering exceptional work.
We are building our culture to be remote as we recognize mobile photography happens wherever your camera takes you.
How We Work
Three times a year we spend an entire week together building deeper relationships, getting better, and following our lenses. One of our recent offsites was to Bend, Oregon and another was to Tulum, Mexico.
Relying on tools like Slack we stay connected through chat and the occasional phone call. This allows us to focus on our work with minimal distractions.
Different than traditional companies we are not functionally organized, instead we rally around a handful of core areas that we want to be the best in the world at. It allows us to create culture where everyone is empowered to make decisions and go faster. It also means that each team is a mix of different disciplines, providing creative growth for everyone on the team.
Who Works At Moment
We are a team of 40 that is passionate about photography and empowering people. Each of us brings a unique background, which creates for a deeper, more diverse set of perspectives.
What bonds us is the quest to improve. We take great pride in our individual work and the collective results we can deliver.
Our Linkedin page is here.
We keep it simple.
+ Equity in the company.
+ A competitive salary.
+ Medical Insurance or $600 a month to do what you want.
+ Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
+ Free Moment Gear & discounts on our whole store.
+ Annual equipment budget of $500 for your own gear.
+ Company off-sites three times per year.
+ Unlimited vacation.
If you are looking for a long list of stuff, then you should look somewhere else. Our goal is pay people well and create the best place in the world to work.