Shimoda Core Unit Small DSLR
Shop Shimoda Store
Or 4 interest-free payments of $12.49 with
Unavailable outside the U.S.
... estimating delivery date
- Mirrorless/DSLR Camera Fit - Designed to hold a mirrorless or non-gripped DSLR body with a mounted lens up to 70-200mm 2.8. It can optionally hold 2-3 lenses and accessories.
- Modular Configurations - Core Units allow for side, rear and top access configurations, and they can be mixed and matched to increase or decrease camera capacity as needed. This system ensures you never carry more padding and weight than absolutely necessary to protect the day’s camera kit, and that all remaining pack space can be dedicated to clothing and personal gear.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant & Multi-purpose Skin - The included Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller. The Small Skin includes an adjustable strap to use it as a convenient, lightweight shoulder bag for a quick hike out of basecamp or a walk around a new city.
- EVA Protective Shell and Dividers - Walls and dividers are constructed with EVA which ensures much greater protection than cheaper PE foams used in most camera bags. With EVA we have greater control over the density and quality of materials used to protect your gear. It also means our walls can be thinner and use less internal volume while still providing superior protection.
- Minimalist Construction - The Jersey exterior shell and Tricot lining are laminated to the EVA. By tightening up and simplifying the design in this way, we can eliminate any sloppiness and movement with dividers. The shape of the actual divider tabs has a unique inward taper. This simple concept makes setting up and adjusting the Core Unit much easier by limiting the catching of the fastener and the pulling on the sidewall material.