Size: Bag Only
Color: Army Green
Get notified when it's ready to ship
You'll also be in the loop for any other updates and promos so you don't miss a thing.
The Action-X50 is Shimodas action sports workhorse. It’s designed for photographers who need to carry a lot of gear yet still be agile and part of the action. It features an adjustable harness to achieve a perfect fit, and a removable belt to quickly streamline the bag for urban or event situations. A removable helmet holder, TPU ski compression straps, and newly revised side-access system with YKK splashguard zippers round out the set of adventure-friendly features. Like all Action X series packs, it has a space-efficient and expandable roll-top with quick access zipper. Finally, it delivers convenience to aggressive and time-sensitive action photography situations via its newly improved side camera access.
Features and Compatibility
- Multiple Access Points - The Shimoda Action X50 backpack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack. It’s accessed through a YKK SplashGuard® zipper which protects water and other tiny elements like sand from entering your pack.
The rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting situations. It has an EVA-padded door-style opening which acts as added protection against airborne elements in difficult shooting environments and can help keep snow and rain out the gear area. The interior side of the door has a 15-inch laptop sleeve. It sits against the users back and provides fast access at airports and in other efficiency driven scenarios.
- Height-Adjustable Harness - The Action X50 backpack features an adjustable torso height offering four size options with approximately 10 cm (4 in.) of vertical adjustment. This means the same backpack can fit short or tall - male or female torso heights - ensuring a custom fit for every photographer. Having the correct torso fit means that the aluminum internal frame is much more effective in transferring shoulder stress and weight to rest comfortably on the user’s hips.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - Perhaps the most forward-thinking modular camera inserts on the market, Shimoda’s Core Units are simple, smart and multifunctional. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack. This system allows configurations to be adjusted to suit changing terrain and environmental conditions. (Sold Separately or in the Starter Kit)
- Expandable Roll-Top - The Action X series has an expandable roll-top so the bag can be adjusted to your gear needs while maintaining a tight and compact fit. The roll-top can expand with a volume range of 7-liters. The top section also has an additional quick-access YKK SplashGuard® zipper that makes getting at your gear extremely quick and easy - especially in foul weather.
- Sport-Friendly Design - The Action X series is designed to perform seamlessly for adventure athletes, photographers and filmmakers who like to be embedded in the action and environment. Added action sport specific features like a removable helmet holder, ski fastening straps and a bike pump sleeve. Designed with extra durable materials to help protect the pack from the kind of abrasion that mountain gear causes when attached to the outside.