Fast and wide, the XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR is a 24mm-equivalent wide-angle lens designed specifically for FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras. Two aspherical and two extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. Both a Nano-GI coating and HT-EBC coating are also used to control ghosting and flare for enhanced contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optics is a floating focus system that benefits autofocus speed and also maintains consistent performance throughout the focusing range. Additionally, the lens body is also weather-sealed to support working in trying environmental conditions.
Features and Compatibility
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture affords increased control over depth of field and greatly benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity.
- Two aspherical elements control distortion, the curvature of field, and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to lens elements and alters the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light.
- HT-EBC coating has also been applied to the entire surface of each element to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Quick and quiet autofocus motor pairs with a two-group floating focus system to achieve precise focus and consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from the 5.9" minimum focusing distance to infinity.
- Integrated depth of field scale benefits working with zone focusing and pre-focusing techniques.
- The weather-resistant design includes nine different seals in eight areas to prevent dust and moisture from entering the lens and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Has a filter size of 67mm (front)