The Large DSLR Core Unit has been revised to allow for use with the Action-X side camera access. The new side access point integrates exclusively with the Action-X50 backpack and features all the popular features of the Core Unit system, including EVA laminated dividers and sidewalls, multi-use dust cover, and a new frame to add extra shape and support to the insert.
Features and Compatibility
- Pro Mirrorless/DSLR Camera Fit - The Large DSLR Core Unit V2 is designed for photographers who use mid- to Pro-size camera equipment. It is sized to accommodate professional gripped Mirrorless or gripped DSLR bodies as tall as the Canon EOS-1DX or Nikon D5.
- Long Lens Compatible - The Large DSLR Core Unit V2 Unit has the same volume of a combined Small and Medium Core Unit, and it allows uers to store larger telephoto lenses up to 400mm 2.8.
- Quick Side Camera Access - The Large DSLR Core Unit V2 features an integrated side access. You can now have full rear-access and side-access at the same time with our new design. The side door connects to the backpack’s side-panel door and operates seamlessly.
- Protective EVA Shell and Dividers - The Core Unit walls and dividers are constructed with EVA. This ensures much greater protection than cheaper PE foams used in most camera bags. With EVA we have greater control over the density and quality of materials used to protect your gear. It also means our walls can be thinner and use less internal volume while still providing superior protection.
This makes the overall unit and dividers one piece which leads to a tighter design eliminates any sloppiness with the fastening of dividers. The shape of the actual divider tabs has a unique inward taper. This simple concept makes setting up the Core Unit and adjusting in the field much easier as it limits the catching of the fastener while inserting the divider.
- Light-Weight, Water-Repellant & Multipurpose Skin - The Core Unit has a multi-purpose cover designed to be light and packable. The shell material has water-resistant PU coating and meets C6 environmental standards. The Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust-free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller. It offers an extra layer of organization to your workflow and travel transitions. It’s also very handy for keeping wet and dirty gear separated.