This camera shines high end specs subtly packed into a classic looking camera body, for both photographers and filmmakers alike. The first physical aspect we took a liking to was the flip out screen that not only orientates up and down, side to side, really wherever you need it. This greatly benefits both photographers and filmmakers alike. This, so far, is the only camera we’ve been known to do this. Another incredibly unique feature to the X-T4 is Fuji’s film simulation modes, allowing users to enhance their image with film stock emulators. Some are soft and subdued, while others are bold and vibrant. Although each of these options are typically shot in JPEG mode, RAW files can be simultaneously recorded in case you need a log-profile image for post processing. Thirdly, their improved AF tracking performance actually works (what a concept). It accurately detects hyper focused fast-moving faces, eyes, or manually selected objects for both photos and videos. This changes the game for those who need fast-acting auto settings.
What We Love:
Flip-Out Screen: A screen that quite literally orientates itself to wherever you need it to be.
Better Battery Life: A long-lasting battery life for photos, including two different modes that enable more control.
The Colors: The log-profile screen grabs from video seem almost too good to be true; they boast natural colors and realistic detail. Beautiful straight out of the camera.
Hi-Tech Meets Vintage Feel: Although it looks and feels like an old-school camera, it’s impressively high-tech and shines with top-tier specs.
Auto Focus: The X-T4’s improved AF tracking performance works brilliantly, perfect for those who rely on automatic settings.
In-Body Stabilization: For it only being in-camera stabilization, Caleb and I were both surprisingly impressed by how well the image felt steady and smooth.
Camera Type: Mirrorless Camera
Lens Used: FUJIFILM XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR Lens
Best For: JPGs straight out of camera, actually good at photos and video, street photography, great built-in film emulation, vlogging, landscapes, easy transfer to phone, auto focus face/ eye tracking
What It Has:
- 3 types of boost mode
- Low light priority
- Improved AF tracking performance
- Vari-angle LCD
- Still / Movie mode dial
- Fix Movie Crop Magnification
- New In-body stabilization unit
What It Captures:
- 240FPS at 1080P, 4K at 60 FPS, and 4K at 24FPS
- Long exposures
- Low light scenarios
- Detailed landscapes
- Street scenes
- Fast-action where autofocus is a priority
- Blackout time: X-T4:75msec, X-T3:96msec
- Doubled Durability: 150,000 (X-T3) vs 300,000 (X-T4)
- 30% more silent shutter sound and comfortable shutter feeling
- Dual Battery Modes: 1.) Economy Mode, 600 frames and 1700 w/ grip, and 2.) Normal Mode, 600 frames and 1450 w/grip
- DIS correct image blur between frames by shifting cropping position. *Requires 10% crop margin.
- 1.62 mil dots Vari-angle monitor