The HVL-F28RM is a compact flash designed to match Sony’s mirrorless cameras for a compact, manageable system, and offers the type of reliable, stable performance that only a genuine Sony product can provide. This compact, easy-to-use flash unit delivers the capabilities and dependability to meet the needs of both professional and advanced amateur content creators.
Note: Only available in the US.
- Offers consistent GN28 light output, optimized light distribution and continuous flash performance that won’t interrupt the user’s workflow, as well as stable radio wireless communication and multi flash radio control.
- Newly introduced flash control linked to camera face detection advanced technology. When used with a compatible camera, the balance between the light falling on the subject’s face and ambient light is evaluated to automatically adjust accurate white balance so that the subject’s face is rendered with natural, lifelike color.
- Flash compensation, light ratio, and other detailed flash parameters can be controlled directly from a compatible camera. A camera custom key can be assigned to call up the flash parameter display so that adjustments can be made while looking through the viewfinder and gripping the camera. Flash parameters are shown in the selected camera display language.
- A newly developed “Metal Shoe Foot with Rugged Side Frame” that also houses the unit’s electrical contacts offers improved resistance to physical shock and impact from all directions. The Multi Interface foot is fabricated from metal for higher strength.
- Dust and moisture resistant design, even when used in challenging outdoor environments.
- Simple, intuitive operation with minimal controls including +/- light level buttons, pairing button, test button and lock lever. Plenty of light is available for bounce applications.
- Features a built-in wireless radio trigger for reliable flash triggering when mounted on a compatible camera and paired with an off-camera unit. When used as a transmitter, the HVL-F28RM can control up to 15 flash and/or receiver units in 5 groups at distances of up to 114 feet (35 meters) for extraordinary lighting control and versatility.
- Powered by two AA (LR6) alkaline or NiMH batteries. A fresh pair of alkaline batteries can provide power for up to 110 continuous flashes (1/1 manual flash with alkaline batteries).
|Guide Number||91.9' / 28 m at ISO 100 (50 mm Position)|
|Coverage||Full-Frame 50 mm | 24 mm (with Wide-Angle Adapter)|
|Bounce Head||0 to +120°|
|Flash Duration||1/625 Second at Full Power|
|Recycle Time||Approx. 0.1 to 6.4 Seconds|
|Exposure Control||Sony ADI / P-TTL|
|Flash Modes||Hi-Speed Sync, Slow Sync|
|Power Range||1/1 to 1/256 (Manual)|
|Wireless Operation||Radio (TTL/Manual) Up to 114.8' / 35 m|
|Internal Power||2 x AA (Alkaline, NiMH)|
|External Power Pack Compatible||No|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||2.6 x 3.3 x 3.6" / 65.1 x 83.5 x 91.4 mm|
|Weight||7.7 oz / 219 g|