The WANDRD Duo Bag Review | Great For City Photographers
The DUO Daypack is a dawn-to-dusk daypack for photographers, travelers, and creators looking to elevate the way they carry their daily gear.
I'd rate this bag an 8.5/10. It's strong backpack that looks lovely on the outside, but has protective qualities for camera gear on the inside. Great for 1-2 days, but no more. The camera cube inside the backpack can be used for just about anything, even for clean clothes on your way to a friend's house. This pack is made for those who simply are need a good backpack for everyday use. Rugged, but really not made for the trails. Stylish, yet functional.
Raising over $650,000 on Kickstarter, the DUO Daypack is a dawn-to-dusk daypack for photographers, travelers, commuters, and creators looking to elevate the way they carry their daily gear. Designed to go from work to play… to play to work… to play to play… or whatever else you call your daily grinds, errands, and passions. It’s our everyday go-to back that holds everything we use, not anything we don’t. Made to protect even your most valuable gear — can hold harddrives, sunglasses, and up to a 24-70mm camera lens. Though the packing design can be quite cumbersome, it’s extraordinarily comfortable and fits all sizes of persons just as good as the next.
What We Love:
Daily Carry Elevated:
Made for photographers and creative commuters alike. Water bottles, laptops, cameras, and more are all to be snugly fit in this pack, as well as extra loose batteries and SD cards in dedicated pockets.
Dual SIde Access:
Access your must-need gear in seconds with the dual acces side pockets made for a quick grab and go.
Pop Camera Cube:
The Duo comes with a camera cube; pop it up when you need the protection, pop it down and out of the way when you don’t.
Bag Type: Backpack
Trip Length: 1 Day
Best For: Daily commutes, city walkers, plane rides, road trips, and long shoot days.
DUO Day Pack Camera Backpack
Looking for a durable camera daypack? The WANDRD DUO Day Pack with Dual Side Access, a versatile Pop Camera Cube, and endless organization, is just for you.Buy for $234.00
An everyday bag made for creative commuters looking to elevate the way they carry even their most valuable gear.
This pack comes in one size: 20L. A great size made for what you need, not what you don’t. We personally recommend using the pop up camera cube to snugly hold all your most valuable items, like your DSLR or mirrorless camera. It has enough space for multiple camera lenses or filmmaking tools, with space for everyday gear (jackets, water bottles, etc.). The tough exterior and padded interior is going to keep what’s inside safe and protected (and majorly comfortable).
However, this bag — much like their compelling and well-loved PRVKE bag — is rather complex. It comes with a variety of different pockets and an infinite amount of zippers, so it’s a bit complicated and takes a while getting used to. Luckily, on their product’s home webpage, there's a video of the complete interior and goes over which pockets are designed for what, etc. It’s incredibly helpful and makes for a great overview of the bag. For another angle, check out Pack Hacker's Wandrd Duo Review.
- Accessibility: Features top access, side access, back access, and a concession stand style.
- Durability: Lots of excellent external materials for strong protection. Features 1680D Ballistic Nylon, a waterproof tarpaulin, an extra rain fly just in case, and thick padding on the inside for extra gear.
- Good Looking: It’s simple looking, yet complex for the people who need it to be. Sexy enough to wear to a coffee shop, or the overhead compartment in an airplane.
- Water-Resistant: High quality protection; tough tarp outer shell with soft tricot liner to fight back against nasty weather.
What It Fits
This backpack can carry an incredible amount of love and gear. It will pretty much fit anything except a cement block and even then you can customize it to fit one as such. With an external airport-friendly laptop pocket, you can slip in any 15” laptop. Tripod buckles are clipped on both sides for easy access, as well. There’s a divider to section off portions of the cube for customizable storage, should you like. Fits 2 camera bodies with lens attached, 2 additional lenses, batteries, and lots of room for small goods. The pop-up camera cube is also good for things like shoes or gym clothes if you want it separated from the rest of your bag.
- Passport Friendly - Hidden pocket for passport or cash built into back panel
- Lots of Zippers - Infinity zipper with 4 sliders (2 on bottom, 2 on top)
- Side Access - Dual side access or full internal access
- Mesh Pockets - 2 big, 1 small
- Pockets for Literally Whatever - Variety of open-ended pockets
- Flexibility - Elastic pulls for tight cord pockets
- Padded Expansion Pockets Inside - Can hold something as small as sunglasses or a hard drive and as big as a 24-70mm lens
- Airport Friendly - Padded and airport friendly laptop sleeve (up to 15”)
- Pop Up Camera Cube - Up when you need it, down when you don’t
This 20L pack has a dry weight of about 2.5 pounds, light enough to carry and pack what you need. Its shell and interior features a coated nylon and weather resistant zippers with a vertical pocket made perfect for things you need quick access to. There're 4 anchor points on the front of the pack for accessory straps (sold separately) like a tripod, yoga mat, or jacket. Its grab handles are used of tubular seat belt webbing and filled with foam, which contains premium quality but soft to the touch. Featuring an expandable water bottle or tripod pocket (carabiner attachment to secure), there’s also a felt-lined tech pocket up top for easy on-the-go grabbin’.
What It Has:
- Waterproof: Light rain
- Zippers: Weather resistant zippers for high quality protection
- Water Bottle Pocket: Yes
- Laptop Sleeve: Up to 15”
- Tripod Carry: Yes
- Adjustable Straps: Yes
- All-day comfort: Yes
What It Fits:
- Camera: 2 DSLR bodies and 3 lenses
- Lens: Up to 24mm-70mm
- Flash: Ultra-Lite Flashes
- Storage: Lacie Rugged Drives
- Clothes: Jacket
- Materials: Waterproof Tarpaulin and Robic 1680D Ballistic Nylon. YKK Weather Resistant Zippers.
- Dimensions: 19.5"H X 11.5"W X 6.5"D
- Volume: 20L
- Weight: Weight: 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs)
Are you on the list? You don’t want to miss our weekly email with fresh, inspiring content.