The VideoMic NTG is a broadcast-grade, feature-packed shotgun microphone optimized for on-camera use. It features a highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very low self-noise, this compact on-camera microphone contends with the world’s best shotgun mics. The VideoMic NTG is so much more than just an on-camera mic. As well as pairing perfectly with DSLRs, compact cameras, and smartphones – either on-camera, as a boom mic, or on a pistol grip – it is also a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, tablet, or smartphone. On top of this, the 3.5mm jack doubles as a headphone output for seamless monitoring of audio while using the USB output.
Features and Compatibility
- Highly directional super cardioid polar pattern and very flat frequency response
- Unique infinitely variable gain control
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output interacts seamlessly with both cameras and mobile devices
- dB peak warning light, so you can always ensure your audio isn’t clipping
- Class-compliant USB-C output with headphone output for seamless audio monitoring
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, pad, high-frequency boost, and safety channel
- Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 30+ hours of recording, charges via USB-C
- High-quality Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting with cable management and a sliding rail to adjust mic placement on a camera cold shoe.
- Lightweight (94g) and rugged aerospace-grade aluminium construction