Before I get into the meat of the review, please consider my thoughts and opinions as just that — thought and opinions. This phone blew my original presumptions out of the water. With impressive camera capabilities identical to that of the iPhone 11 Pro, at a fraction of the cost, it’s a phone that I would consider personally switching to based on being a photographer. If you’re looking for more technical aspects of the phone itself, try this video by our friend, Marques Brownlee.
Apple’s latest gadget is pretty incredible for it being only $399. With an A13 Bionic chip, this phone can handle most of what you throw at it, making it a powerhorse for photography and filmmaking functions. It features 13-hours of video playback, wireless charging, up to 256GB of storage, and a 12-megapixel f/1.8 wide angle camera. The weight and body is reminiscent of an older iPhone 7 or 8, but feels sturdy and comfortable in the hands. Its factual simplicity is intriguing for those not wanting the bells and whistles of an iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro.
What We Love:
Camera is Nearly Identical to the iPhone 11 Pro
I cannot state enough just how incredibly identical Apple’s SE 2’s camera is to the iPhone 11 Pro, but at a much lower price point.
Hecka Battery Life
With the A13 Bionic chip, this phone’s body can handle most of what you throw at it.
Loving the Simplicity
I’m a simple man, so I like simple things. It doesn’t have extra bells and whistles, which is what partly shines its charm.
Product Type: Smartphone Camera
Best For: Photographers looking for something relatively inexpensive, but love the simple, analog feel to their images.
Shop iPhone SE 2
What It Has:
- Optical image stabilization
- Six‑element lens
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Next-generation Smart HDR for photos
- Advanced red-eye correction
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode
- Photo geotagging
What it Does:
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High-Key Mono)
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Height: 5.45 inches
- Width: 2.65 inches
- Depth: 0.29 inch
- Weight: 5.22 ounces
- Storage: Up to 256GB
- Display: 4.7 inches
Are you on the list? You don’t want to miss our weekly email with fresh, inspiring content.