DJI’s latest drone is… impressive, to say the least. With an entirely new look and a greatly improved list of specs, there’s no reason why any moderately experienced aerial photographer or filmmaker wouldn’t add this bad boy to their gear repertoire. Unless you’re a major pixel peeper, this is the drone to get. Click HERE to download files we shot in the desert of California to test out the footage / images yourself.
It’s the classic DJI brand name, but new and improved. The Mavic 2 Air is the direct result of years of experience and passion for drone technology. They listened to thousands of customer feedback on the first rendition of the Mavic Air to improve the Mavic Air 2 in every aspect. It’s smarter, safer, and more optimized and capable than ever before. It offers a little more than the Mavic Mini, and can provide something more affordable than the Mavic 2 Pro. It’s the middle ground between the two drones, offering advanced intelligence and functions you need to five deeper into the editing game.
What We Love:
With 48MP photo and 4K 60FPS video, there’s no reason why any beginner should feel the need to drop thousands of dollars on a drone pricier than this.
Longer Drone Time
It’s small enough to fit in a backpack, but durable enough to fly for a full 34-minutes in the air.
More Like A Sibling to the Mavic 2 Pro
To put this drone into perspective, the Mavic 2 Pro shoots 20MP photos, so the Mavic Air 2 is double that! This essentially makes this THE drone to have if you’re into aerial photography.
Product Type: Drone
Best For: Aerial photography and filmmakers looking for lightweight gear.
Shop DJI Mavic Air 2
What It Has:
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Following targets while avoiding obstacles is smoother.
- Spotlight 2.0: Fly freely while the camera remains locked on the subject with this convenient mode.
- POI 3.0: Point of Interest 3.0 uses advanced positioning technology to create an automated path for Mavic Air 2 to fly around a fixed point, rotating the camera so the target stays centered.
- HDR: The Quad Bayer filter provides the ability to shoot photos and videos in HDR.
What It Does:
- Hyper-lapse Mode: Yes
- Fly Time: 34 Minutes
- Focus Tracking: Yes
- Megapixel Count: 48MP
- 4K: Yes, up to 60FPS
- HDR: Yes
- Bitrate: 120MBS
- Dimensions (Folded): 180 x 79 x 84mm
- Weight: 570g
- Flight Time: Up to 34min
- Transmission Range: Up to 10 km(OcuSync 2.0)
- Sensor: 1/2" 48 Megapixel
- Color: 8 Bit
- Storage: 8GB
Are you on the list? You don’t want to miss our weekly email with fresh, inspiring content.