The Peak Design Travel Tripod is the most portable, packable, and easy-to-setup professional tripod on the market. This is true for both the Aluminum and Carbon models, two similarly designed photography tools made with different materials. For years, traditional tripods have suffered a critical flaw: needless bulk and wasted space, the result of a spatially inefficient design. By redesigning the tripod from the ground up, Peak created the world’s most portable travel tripod—one that packs to the diameter of two 32oz Nalgenes —without sacrificing height, stability, or load capacity.
What We Love:
Peak’s Travel Tripod is radically faster to setup/takedown than traditional tripods and features more ergonomic adjustment points, built-in mobile compatibility, and thoughtful usability details at every corner. Plus, it’s incredibly strong and well crafted for any and all uses for outdoor and adventure recreation. It feels good in the hands and makes for one of the best accessories for your camera(s).
Brand: Peak Design
Price: $349.95 - $599.95
Product Type: Tripod
Best For: Timelapses, travel enthusiasts, adventure photographers, all-day shooting filmmakers, vloggers, astrophotographers, and mobile photographers.
Shop Peak Design Travel Tripods
What It Has:
- DSLR Weight Capacity: Yes
- Quick-Release Attachment: Yes
- Non Slip Shock-Absorbing Feet: Yes
- Anchor Attachment Points: For Peak Design’s compatible straps
- Fully Replaceable: Yes
- Impact Resistant: Yes
What It Does:
- Portraits: Studio portrait shots
- Action: Fun twang on action shots
- Product: Studio product shots
- Astrophotography: Stedy for any night use
- Filmmaking: 20x Better Stabilization in Carbon Model
- Weight: Alloy: 1.56 kg (3.44 lbs) / Carbon: 1.27 kg (2.81 lbs)
- Weight Capacity: 20lbs
- Collapsed Dimensions: Length: 39.1 cm (15.4”), Diameter: 7.9 cm (3.125")
- Deployed Dimensions: Max height (center column raised): 152.4 cm (60"), Max height (center column down): 130.2 cm (51.25")
- Quick release, adjustment ring, center column knob: Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum
- Locking Ring: Polycarbonate/ABS blend
- Feet: ShoreA60 TPU
Are you on the list? You don’t want to miss our weekly email with fresh, inspiring content.