Over the last several months, we’ve seen an incredible response to #MakeYourWorldBigger. We’ve found that no two ideas of this are alike. We’ve seen colossal temples in Cambodia, running of the bulls in Spain, and stunning shots of an orphanage in Kenya. These images awed and inspired us.
We also learned that it’s not just the adventure shots or the global landmarks that captured our attention, but that many inspiring shots were more local– more community driven. They reminded us that photography is not just about the technical quality of the photo, but the acknowledgement that life is better with shared experiences.
That is why, with the holidays approaching, we’ve decided to host a contest that focuses on “gathering.” It’s easy to get swept up in a season of shopping, expectations and gift giving, but we want to encourage you to capture the community and the people in your life. To appreciate the depth of your relationship and how photography brings us closer together.
This contest is not about stuff, it’s about people, and our communities. In keeping with this sentiment, we’re offering one grand prize winner a $1,000 donation to the charity of their choice.
How to Enter:
- The task is simple: gather with people you care about, get lost with your camera, and post a photo from your adventure.
- Upload your photo and tag it after November 21, 2016 at 9:00AM Pacific Time Zone PST and before November 27, 2016 at 7PM PST.
- Tag @moment, #MakeYourWorldBigger, and #LessMallsMoreMoments in the caption.
- Tag the charity you want to support.
- Write a short description about the photo and the gathering that took place.
You can enter up to 3 photos, as long as each entry is unique, both in photo and caption. You must upload the photo during the contest and may not tag old photos. Tags added to previously posted photos will not be considered.
- Entries open November 21, 2016 at 9:00AM Pacific Time Zone (PST).
- Entries close November 27, 2016 at 7PM PST.
- One Grand-Prize winner will be announced on or around November 30th, 2016.
Each photo entry must be:
- Shot on a mobile phone.
- Solely your content, and posted on your own, public Instagram account.
- Uploaded and tagged during the submission window.
- Entries must be posted or reposted from a public account during the entry period. You cannot simply “tag” an older photo/video.
The judges will use the following scoring system:
A Grand-Prize winner will be selected by the Moment team after the entry period ends on November 27th.
- Quality of the photo
- Intrigue of the story
- The single grand prize winner will have $1,000 donated their favorite charity.
Complete contest rules can be found here.
We are stoked to have you join us. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.