Color can influence our emotions, bring back distant memories & give us new perspective in a world that doesn’t always make sense. Blue hues can create a sense of calm, while pinks can express innocence and playfulness. Nature envelops us in color, sparks our curiosity and inspires us to do grand things.
There’s no time of year this is more apparent than in Fall, when nature’s brilliant color palette seems its most vibrant. Every Autumn, four colors mesmerize us, electrify us and bring us closer to loved ones.
As a fitting homage, we’re celebrating this renaissance with our “Color Your World” contest. Join us by submitting your inspired photos and #MakeYourWorldBigger.
Before October 23rd, 2016 at 11:59 pm PST, post a photo on Instagram taken with your mobile device that includes a short description about how one of the fall colors – yellow, orange, red and green – inspired your shot. Tag the photo with @moment, #MakeYourWorldBigger, and the location the photo was taken.
Photography greats @laurenlemon, @garethpon & @deanastacia will lend their talents by reviewing our submissions and selecting the grand prize winners. After the entry period ends on October 23rd, judges will review based on the visual quality of the photo and the depth of the story, which should convey how the photo’s colors impact the way you see the world.
Four Grand prize winners will be selected – one from each of the four categories: yellow, orange, red and green. The prizes include gear from @adobe, @onabags, @reallyrightstuff, @lumecube and @moment.
Entries will be judged based on the overall quality, use of color, and creativity of the photo, as well as the intrigue of your description.
- Entries open October 17, 2016 at 12:00am Pacific Time Zone.
- Entries close October 23, 2016 at 11:59pm PT.
- Four Grand-Prize winners will be announced around October 26, 2016.
- Grand-Prize winner will be selected by our judging panel of @laurenlemon, @garethpon & @deanastacia.
- Upload your photo and tag it before October 23, 2016 @ 11:59 pm PST.
- Tag @moment and #makeyourworldbigger in the caption.
- Tag the location where the photo was taken.
- Write a short description about how the color you captured in the photo made the shot come to life.
The judges will use the following scoring system:
- Quality of the photo
- Intrigue of the story
- Use of Color
Each photo entry must be:
- Shot on a mobile phone.
- Solely your content, and posted on your own, public Instagram account.
- Uploaded and tagged during the submission window.
- Entries must be posted or reposted from a public account during the entry period. You cannot simply “tag” an older photo/video.
You can enter up to 3 photos, as long as each entry is unique, both in photo and caption. You must upload the photo during the contest and may not tag old photos. Tags added to previously posted photos will not be considered.
Each of the four grand prize winners will receive the following:
- 1 year subscription to Adobe Photography Plan ($120 Value)
- Really Right Stuff gift card ($300 Value)
- Superfish Lens ($100 Value)
- Ona gift card ($150 value)
- LumeCube mobile photo kit ($99 value)