Connecting the Osmo and Pro Camera
Here are the steps for connecting your DJI Osmo 2 or Osmo 3 to Moment Pro Camera for iOS. Don’t worry, Android support is coming before the end of the year!
Note: If your Osmo is connected to a different app, you might have trouble seeing it until you disconnect.
- Grab your gimbal. Make sure it’s charged up.
- Download the Moment Pro camera app (or make sure it’s updated if you already have it).
- Turn your phone’s bluetooth on.
- Put your phone in the gimbal, balance it, turn gimbal on.
- Open app
- Go to settings - bluetooth devices. You’ll see ‘Osmo 3,’ select it and you’re done.
- Osmo 3 connected
You will see the word gimbal on the bottom of your control dials in Pro Camera and you are connected!
You can now hit the record button on the gimbal to start and stop recording while using the Pro Camera App.
In settings, you can also select what parameter you want to control with the zoom toggle. That means you can have dedicated button control of EV (which is overall exposure level but will still auto adjust based on your surrounding), shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance.
So depending on what you like to have control of you can now select it. Focus is an early favorite because it almost imitates a follow focus on a zoom toggle.
If you double press down on the zoom toggle it will cycle between lenses on your phone. For example, on the iPhone 11 Pro, it will cycle between the 3 built-in lenses.